What are the symptoms that I should visit a dentist?
Taking care of oral hygiene is very important for everyone irrespective of their age. One should also go for a regular check up right from 8 years to 80-year old. Through regular checkups dentist will be able to examine your oral health and help you to prevent maximum dental diseases. One should make it a point to visit a dentist if he or she has the following symptoms or signs of dental issues:
- Whenever you feel that your teeth are becoming sensitive to heat or cold. Usually most people will neglect thinking that the sensitivity of your teeth is only for a while and it might go away. But it isn’t true and you should make sure to visit the dentist.
- When your gums are puffy or bleeding whenever you floss or brush. There are several reasons due to which it may happen.
- If you have crowns, fillings, dentures, dental implants or any other procedures done.
- When you don’t like the smile that you carry or when you don’t like your teeth. A dental doctor can help you to get the perfect smile with greatly arranged teeth.
- Facing persistent bad breath or a bad taste in the mouth.
- It’s also important for pregnant ladies to go for dental checkups so that you and your baby can be safe.
- One should also visit a dentist when there is any kind of pain or swelling in the mouth, face or neck. Diagnosing the problem at the earliest makes it easy for you to get it resolved without undergoing much pain and procedures.
- Even when you face any kind of difficulty in chewing or while swallowing.
- If any one of your families have a history of tooth decay or gum diseases.
- When you have certain medical conditions like cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, any kind of eating disorders or even when you have got HIV as positive.
- There might be some conditions when one feels dryness in the mouth. Do not neglect such conditions there might be some serious health issues behind it.
- If you have the habit of smoking or use of any other tobacco products. Doing any of these causes a serious oral and health issues which can get worse if they are left unattended.
- Those who are also undergoing some medical treatments like chemotherapy, radiation or any sort of hormone replacement therapy must make sure they visit the dentist.
- Some may also notice that they get pain or pops when they close or open their jaw, while chewing or when they wake up in the morning. Sometimes one may also have the uneven bites.
- If you ever notice any sore or spot in mouth which you haven’t seen before and isn’t going.
Though symptoms might vary from one person to another, it’s important to know when one has to visit the dentist so that they can get the right treatment at the right time.